AG NextGen Conference - March 15, 2022
Rev. Abe Daniel
1. Vision Inspires Commitment
2. Vision Gives Energy
3. Vision Elevates People To A Higher Level
4. Vision Creates The Climate For A Change
5. Vision Is The First Step To Momentum
6. Vision Focuses On The Future
7. Vision Eliminates Confusion
8. Vision Unites People
9. Vision Unites In A Common Direction
Vision will cause you to rise up to a level you thought you never could.
The goal is not about learning to train your pastor… train yourself to learn your pastor.
Understand their calling before you understand your call under their leadership.
The Call and Vision of a Lead Pastor
Ephesians 4:11-12 || Acts 20:28
The Lead Pastor is called to serve a congregation and community
The Pastoral Staff are called to serve the Pastor’s vision for both
Confusion enters when we fail to embrace this fact
We find ourselves navigating crisis moments when our vision is different from the vision of our Lead Pastor.
The Call and Vision of a Staff Pastor
Ephesians 4:1-3 – “I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit
in the bond of peace.”
4. Bearing With One Another In Love
5. Unity of the Spirit
- Write (by hand) a note to your pastor/board thanking them for investing into your leadership and the ministry of the church
- Schedule time to meet with your pastor
- Ask some clarifying questions related to their background:
- Did they ever have the role that you carry?
- How many leadership positions did they have as a staff pastor?
- What was something they did for their former boss that they wished was done for them?
- If there was one thing that they needed that you could provide, what would that be?